Valentin Sasla Pfostadecker/ Pfost/Post was born on May 10, 1737, in Traunstein, Bavaria, Germany, the son of Francisca Rorer and Jacob Pfostadecker.
Valentin arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1771.
He married Barbara Devlin in 1772 in Hardy County, Virginia (now West Virginia.
quoting from the STRADER & CRITES history:
“the following are children and probable children of VALENTINE POST: ‘ by a probable 1st marriage: 1. Jacob b before 1765, r. Buckhannon Va. ,after 1811 Pickaway Co. Ohio, USA. w. Barbara STRADER b. ca 1771, d/o Christopher & Elizabeth (? BUSH) STRADER
2. William – listed in the North Mill Creek Luth. Ch. 1798
3.George d. ca Feb 1846 Harrison Co. Va., m. 12 May 1792 Hardy Co. Va., r. Isaac Creek, Harrison Co. Va. 1799; w.Elizaheth Peterson d/o ? Jacob PETERSON (PATTERSON, J.R.)
4. Mary b. ca 1772, d. ca 1811 or 1812, ·m. ca 1791-2; h. John STRADER (I) b. ca 1769, d; 1844-50, s/o Christopher & Elizabeth (? ,.BUSH) STRADER. 5. Martin b. ,June 15, 1777, d. Nov. 19, 1856, r. near Peeltree, Harrison Co; Va; w. Sarah, b. Feb. 1775,d. 9/14/1850, b. Jesse’s Run
This last of children are listed in his Will and from court records and other sources additional data was determined:
6. Abraham b., 1781, d. 1855 Upshur Co. Va., r. Post Mill now in Upshur Co. Va., r. Post Mill now in Upshur Co. W. Va., bur. McVaney, w. Christena b. 1782, d. May l4 ???? Two of their children were baptized in the Lutheran church: Daniel Pfost, 11/09/1799; Maria Pfost, 4/02/ 1807.Susannah b. 4 July 1783, d’; 14′ Aug 1863 Upshur CO. W. VA., m. ca 1801, h. Abram Crites’, b. 1778, d.’ ca1835, s/o Abraham CRITES.
8. Glori, Glory, or’ Clary’ b. 1785-6, m.28 April 1807 Harrison Co. Va., r. Jackson Co. Va.(West Virginia, USA), h. John CRITES b. : ca 1775, d. ca. 1847 Jackson Co. Va. (W. Va.), s/o Abraham & ? CRITES.
9. Martha – no information
10. Isaac b. 1791, r. Big Sand Run, now Upshur Co. W. Va. 1817, w. Elizabeth Westherholt, b. 1788 11. Elizabeth – no information,
He died on October 27, 1800, in West Virginia at the age of 63, and was buried in Old North Mill Creek Lutheran Cemetery, Petersburg, Grant County, West Virginia.
|Probate Place:||Hardy, West Virginia, USA|
|Inferred Death Place:||West Virginia, USA|
|Item Description:||Index to Will Books, 1786-1970|